Technical Services Analyst I
Posted on 9/3/2020
Primary responsibilities include providing excellent software and hardware support in a fast-paced
environment to our internal staff, external client base and vendors for our diverse hosted suite of applications
and internal infrastructure. The Technical Services Analyst I has a technical background combined with
excellent customer service experience. Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to resolve issues in a calm,
confident, and time-sensitive manner is essential to this position. The Technical Services Analyst I will also
play a vital role in converting new clients to MDT but ensuring that client technical needs are in-line with our
recommendations and minimum requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and monitor daily operations of corporate endpoints, peripherals, and mobile devices.
- Maintain user, group and computer records via Active Directory.
- Provide technical support for external clients.
- Diagnose and resolve endpoint and connectivity problems for internal and external users.
- Ensure endpoint operating system and application security.
- Support email, spam filters, Two-Factor Authentication, hosted suite of applications, web filters, and
- Maintain and evaluate software and hardware for reliability, functionality and compatibility.
- Procure and implement new software and hardware systems.
- Evaluate and recommend standards for hardware and software operations in all Company endpoints
and associated peripherals.
- Provide suggestions in the development of endpoint strategies and policies.
- Track and resolve client problems promptly and effectively.
- Ensure that all endpoints meet employee needs.
- Document resolutions to issues for future necessity.
- Assist personnel in other departments to increase understanding of endpoint operations and
effectively integrate new technology.
- Keep management well informed of area activities and any significant problems.
- Ensure that reports are completed accurately and timely with proper detail.
- Perform miscellaneous projects and related duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience.
- 2 years of experience diagnosing and resolving issues with endpoints, servers, peripherals, mobile
devices, and applications.
- 2 years of experience building and maintaining company laptops while satisfying audit and asset
- 2 years of experience installing and maintaining peripherals (scanners, printers, etc.) for
- Experience managing Two-Factor Authentication and VPN for users.
- 2 years of experience providing support in-person and via phone, email, chat, and a ticketing system.
- 1 year of experience managing Users, Groups, and Computers inside of Active Directory.
- 1 year of experience managing mailboxes and distribution groups within Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience performing message tracking and whitelisting and blacklisting of domains inside.
- 1 year of experience managing Windows updates and application updates for internal endpoints
via a Patch management system.
- Experience creating and maintaining Technical Documentation.
- Ability to utilize IT troubleshooting and diagnostic skills to resolve complex issues and requests.
- Ability to operate endpoints, peripherals, and other business equipment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly to users with varying technical understanding.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities to resolve issues in a calm, confident, and time-sensitive manner.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment under short time constraints and within established
- Ability to coordinate well with other departments, internal personnel and clients.
- Ability to adapt to and overcome various technical challenges with minimal assistance.
Temporary remote work until 1/3/2021. Applicants must be able to commute to our Farmington Hills,
MI, Great Falls, MT, or Helena, MT office when it is appropriate to return to work on site.
- Additional hours, including Saturday/Sunday support, as required.
- Available for on call 24/7 responsibilities via phone.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
- Occasional overnight travel for training, conferences and to client sites, as required.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.