Strategic Partnership Manager – Farmington Hills, MI
Posted: September 15, 2023
This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement. Currently 5 days of on-site work per month are required.
Deliver measurable results through understanding the credit union technology market and developing, maintaining, and executing technology vendor relationships in the industry. Responsible for market evaluation, identification of technology gaps, and remediation of product/service offering gaps. Negotiates vendor contractual arrangements and integrates strategic partnerships/recommended vendors into MDT product ecosystem. Constantly reviews success of partnerships/recommended vendors with Product Management and uses the input to improve partnership selection process. Educates and communicates market/vendor trends internally and to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research technology products/services in the credit union market to understand products, vendors, integration methodologies, and processes.
- Interviews credit unions, fintech companies, and other business partners to understand pain-points, challenges, and strategic goals.
- Attends industry conferences and user groups to develop relationships with credit unions and fintech companies, and to better understand the market and trends.
- Continuously uses client and market research, user feedback, usage, and competitive analysis to identify unmet market needs.
- Identifies and implements key fintech company candidates for partnership.
- Creates/updates a product ecosystem plan that defines product/service vision, strategy, and roadmap, considering credit union and fintech company needs, market trends, and business objectives.
- Solicits input from executive and department leadership and adjusts, as necessary.
- Presents product ecosystem plan to executive team to secure approval and makes regular updates (at least annually) to product ecosystem plan.
- Drives updates and enhancements to MDT Product Ecosystem to support company and client goals.
- Makes informed but quick decisions regarding the team’s and products/services vendor strategy and roadmaps and follows through with delivery.
- Collaborates closely with clients, partners, technology, and business areas to champion and execute on the strategy and roadmaps.
- Becomes the subject matter expert for fintech products/services to make quick decisions and drive change.
- Acts as a consultant to clients and executive management, providing ongoing strategic market insights, industry trends, and technology recommendations.
- Develops and implements a communications strategy to educate and inform internal and external stakeholders of market/vendor trends and intelligence.
- Develops and tracks key performance indicators to ensure communication is meeting stakeholders’ needs.
- Responsible for leading new vendor onboarding process, including but not limited to, vendor identification, qualification, due diligence, contract negotiation, and successful transition to product management.
- Establishes new vendor partnership lanes and clearly communicates vendor responsibilities internally and externally.
- Establishes and fosters in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with vendors.
- Works with Product Management to constantly evaluate existing vendor relationships to identify risks, and opportunities for improvement. Takes the necessary action to address any gaps.
- Works with product management, sales, audit/compliance, security, project management, and client services to ensure key partnership concerns are addressed appropriately.
- Participates in partnership launch efforts in collaboration with marketing and product management.
- Transitions partnerships to product management for partnership launch and ongoing relationship management once agreement has been signed.
- Educates internal teams on partnership and product trends in the industry; provides client feedback trends analysis summary to internal teams.
- Keeps the Executive Management informed of MDT Product Ecosystem and vendor gaps, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Stays informed of trends and changes in the information services field.
- Embraces all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- B.S. or equivalent experience and training. MBA or similar preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in product/vendor management or equivalent experience, with a track record of successfully launching and growing products.
- Experience in the FinTech industry and knowledge of key systems integration methodologies.
- Strong analytical/technical knowledge pertaining to decision analysis.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
- Additional hours, including Saturday/Sunday support, as required.
- Occasional overnight travel for training, conferences, and to clients required.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
- On-call responsibilities, available 24/7 via phone or pager.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, height or weight, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all of our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.