Project Manager – Farmington Hills, MI
Posted January 25, 2023
Salary Range: $80,000 – $90,000 (Based on Professional Experience)
This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
The role of the Project Manager at MDT is to plan, execute, and finalize project deliverables according to strict deadlines. The Project Manager will work with the client to define the project objectives and deliverables and ensure that those are carried out to meet and exceed stakeholder expectations. This includes, but is not limited to, defining tasks required to complete the project, building a project plan, and coordinating efforts of MDT, Symitar and credit union team members to deliver project on time. When applicable, the Project Manager will coordinate third-party vendors to work with MDT and credit union clients. Responsible for overseeing quality control throughout entire project lifecycle.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Responsible for planning projects in order to accomplish the established goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
• Continuously monitor progress of project in terms of the status of the plan and keep all stakeholders informed of the progress.
• Identify, log, analyze, and manage potential and actual issues and risks. Take corrective action on issues by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact the scope, schedule, quality, and cost of the project.
• Possess general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understand Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Understand internal MDT network and connectivity requirements for 3rd party vendors and credit union clients.
• Possess a thorough understanding of project capabilities.
• Provide leadership to project team through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Direct, schedule, and coordinate project tasks.
• Ensure that staffing levels for projects are appropriate and additional resources are requested as needed.
• Ensure that questions and concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
• Evaluate, update, and ensure effective conveyance of Company policies and procedures.
• Represent the Company with various trade professionals and groups.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Keep management informed of progress toward established objectives and significant problems.
• Stay informed of trends and changes in the project management field.
• Travel for client visits as needed.
• Complete special projects and research studies as required.
• Embrace all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience and training.
• Active Project Management Professional certification.
• Five years of experience in financial institutions back office core processing.
• Five years of experience using project management methodology.
• Experience managing multiple IT projects.
• Knowledge of computer and telecommunications equipment.
• Understanding of client operations and information needs.
• Advanced analytical/technical knowledge pertaining to decision analysis.
• Understanding of teller functions, membership, lending, GL, and ACH/Share Draft processing.
• Solid project management skills.
• Ability to develop good relationships with internal and external customers.
• Self-motivated and ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Well organized and attentive to detail.
• Ability to translate business situations into project deliverables (diagrams and definition, etc.).
• Technical and advanced analytical skills.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to negotiate deliverables with clients.
• No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
• Additional hours, including Saturday/Sunday support, as required.
• Occasional in-state and/or out-of-state overnight travel.
• Long duration of computer workstation usage.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, height or weight, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all of our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.