Network Engineer II – Great Falls, MT
The Network Engineer responsibilities include (but are not limited to) analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing the corporate network infrastructure and application components. The Network Engineer implements, and administers the WAN/LAN network infrastructure using industry best practices and in accordance with internal security controls policies, procedures, and processes. The Network Engineer maintains professional business relations with clients and outside contacts. The Network Engineer is expected to keep management well informed of area activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the execution of approved corporate and departmental initiatives and goals and ensures that goals are completed on time and within budget.
- Maintains daily operations of the LAN/WAN environment.
- Monitors network systems and provides detailed reports.
- Diagnoses and resolves system and connectivity problems.
- Ensures that users’ and clients’ needs are met and that they are fully capable of utilizing established systems.
- Ensures that equipment, peripheral devices, and software are set up and operated in accordance with established procedures. Researches and recommends equipment, software, and system updates.
- Ensures that IT systems are secure, properly backed-up, and appropriately documented in accordance with approved information security policy.
- Tests and evaluates software and hardware for reliability and functionality.
- Develops processes to improve network reliability and proposes solutions to meet the future needs of both the Company and clients.
- Evaluates and recommends standards for hardware and software operations in all Company systems. Assists in locating and implementing new products as needs arise.
- Tracks and resolves client problems promptly and effectively.
- Ensures that new systems support client needs.
- Tracks and resolves problems with efficiency and appropriate urgency.
- Maintains open lines of communication and positive relationships with clients, suppliers and vendors.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
- Ensures that IT functions are well coordinated with other corporate operations.
- Keeps the Management informed of Information Technology, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Stays informed of trends and changes in the information services field.
- Embraces all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- B.S. in computer science or related field or equivalent experience and training.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco network design, deployment and support.
- Strong knowledge of switching, routing, 802.1x, VPN, QOS and firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Strong analytical/technical knowledge pertaining to decision analysis.
- Preferred knowledge of Cisco Software Defined Networks.
- Preferred knowledge of Cisco ISE Network Administration.
- 2 or more years working in a 24×7 operational environment.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communications abilities.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Creative, self-motivated, and practices a sense of urgency.
- Technical and advanced analytical, financial, and budgeting skills.
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
- Additional hours including Saturday/Sunday support, as required.
- Occasional overnight travel for training, conferences, and to clients required.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
- Available for 24/7 on call, via phone.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.