Vice President, Marketing & Communications – Farmington Hills, MI
Posted on June 9, 2021
Provides professional leadership and direction to the Marketing and Communications team. Leads the overall branding, content, communications, and messaging activity within the organization and to various external audiences. Responsible for developing and directing the Marketing and Communications team in the development and execution of marketing/advertising, corporate and public relations events, communications, social media, and brand strategies to increase the brand awareness to support our continued growth, revenue, service, and corporate brand objectives. Accomplishes this through a high level of service and support to the business, successfully integrating with corporate and external market teams, and taking a partnership approach to getting things done.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive brand strategy through partnership with Executive Leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
- Collaborate with the appropriate personnel to develop, implement, and manage departmental objectives, plans, and budget, including all expenditures.
- Build, manage, and coach a high-performing marketing and communications team.
- Strengthen external awareness of the organization by managing execution through appropriate publications, the company website, social media, and events, for both existing and potential clients, business partners, and employees.
- Design and own the content operations for the marketing function, ensuring that the Marketing and Communications team can effectively deliver on a variety of content requirements.
- Manage projects from inception – including the coordination of external creative resources and vendors – to successful outcome and high quality deliverable.
- Coordinate and manage all special events, playing a leadership role in the development and overall organization of assigned events, from conception to execution.
- Collaborate with internal groups to ensure brand messaging is consistent across the company.
- Responsible for purchasing and tracking of all printed, promotional and marketing materials.
- Maintain a Marketing Strategic Plan on a bi-annual basis.
- Provide leadership to Marketing & Communications team through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Cultivate and foster team building and cooperation, and motivate team members to achieve goals. Provide assistance and support as needed.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership and assistance to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
- Promote goodwill and positive image of the company.
- Oversee special projects and complete all other duties as required.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- Advanced degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field preferred.
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of branding, marketing, and communications tasks and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the financial/credit union industry.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing and communications tools including Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop.
- Advanced writing skills of multiple types including marketing, newsletters, informational, public relations, and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of effective methods for coaching and mentoring staff for optimal performance.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and listening skills, including the ability to edit and improve the written and/or presentation work of others.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Outstanding business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent creative abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Consistently delivers high-quality work and possesses high-level multi-tasking skills.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Additional hours as required.
- Up to 15%, day/overnight in-state and out-of-state travel.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, height or weight, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all of our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.