Marketing & Communications Specialist II – Farmington Hills, MI
Posted on February 3, 2021
The Marketing & Communications Specialist II assists in the development, distribution, and ongoing maintenance of MDT’s marketing and communication efforts. The essential functions of this position revolve around company branding, public presence, and providing internal and external contacts with informational documentation about MDT. Duties may include researching, analyzing, and developing both internal- and external-facing written and presentation materials. Additional duties include assisting with direct mail, website content development, social media posts, organization of client conference events, and trade fairs and convention exhibitions. This position requires tight interaction with various departments within the company. It also has direct interaction with MDT’s client base.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support and assistance in planning, developing, editing, and/or producing various types of business collateral including reference documentation, training materials, newsletters, reports, and presentations.
- Assists with department projects as assigned.
- Aides in the creation and distribution of the quarterly company newsletter.
- Assists in reviewing, formatting, and editing content of internal and external documents as assigned.
- Assists in the researching, analysis, and development of appropriate marketing and advertising collateral including direct mail, advertisements, product sheets, feature/benefit sheets, and brochures.
- Prepares reports to assist with decision making as requested.
- Provides assistance with corporate events including client conferences, forums, and meetings, from space and meal planning to necessary transportation, entertainment, signage, communications, registration and billing, at the same time adhering to the budget for such events.
- Creates and maintains content for the company website, client portal, and social media.
- Communicates effectively with team members; escalates items when needed.
- Keeps management well informed of area activities and any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings, conference calls, and seminars as required.
- Promotes goodwill and positive image of the company.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience in marketing and communications required.
- Advanced degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field preferred.
- Three or more years in a marketing and/or communications position or equivalent experience required.
- Three or more years of experience in professional writing required.
- Two or more years of experience in large event planning required.
- Knowledge of marketing, communications, and branding tools including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe After Effects.
- Strong writing skills of multiple types including marketing, newsletters, informational, public relations, and documentation.
- Working knowledge of financial products and services, preferably in the credit union industry.
- Knowledge of MDT office procedures and policies preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and listening skills, including the ability to edit and improve the written and/or presentation work of others.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management, organizational abilities, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Consistently delivers high quality work and possesses high-level multi-tasking skills.
Work location temporarily remote. Applicants must be able to commute to our Farmington Hills office when it is appropriate to return to work on-site.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Up to 10% out-of-town and/or overnight travel.
- Additional hours as required.
- On-call responsibilities may apply.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, height or weight, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all of our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.