Item Processing Specialist – Farmington Hills, MI
Posted on August 8, 2019
Performs essential reconciliation functions in order to prepare and deliver accurate billing to Accounting. Functions will include validation of correspondent banking statements, vendor invoices and performing monthly audits to ensure software compliance. This position will assist in the creation of monthly performance metrics to track growth/loss, product adoption data and opportunities to adjust endpoints or partner relationships. Responsible for supporting PMO / CRM / Sales teams with prospects including pre and post core clients and non-core clients. Assist in the creation of department procedures and ensure periodic updates as condition change or evolve. Participate in disaster avoidance preparation and testing for check services and compile test results. Serves as one of the backups to the Check Services System Administrator as required. Perform check processing duties during high volume times or when short staffed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for administration of core banking Symitar system.
- Prepare pre-billing monthly spreadsheet and or utilize software to properly calculate check processing fees per client and software usage.
- Reconcile correspondent bank statements, vendor invoices to validate accuracy.
- Complete software audit on all check processing software on designated frequency and communicate to partner.
- Create spreadsheet, Word document, Visio, or PowerPoint to capture, report, and communicate performance metrics such as check volumes, growth/loss, software adoption, or other trends.
- Create and update department procedures to support check operations.
- Review and update training documents to support clients.
- Assist in the creation and updating of disaster avoidance procedures, test script working in harmony with Operational Analytics.
- Serves a backup for the Check Services System Administrator as required.
- Provide outstanding customer support in all aspects of Check Services.
- Support the Client Relationship Management team for add-on sales opportunities and participate on web conference calls to provide check processing product overviews and field client questions.
- Support sales team with new core and non-core prospects and participate on web conference calls to provide check processing product overviews and field questions.
- Prepare In-Clearings and Returns for processing.
- Create, track, and research adjustments for In-Clearings, Transit, Returns.
- Reconcile and balance daily work and record totals.
- Send and receive file transmissions and ensure delivery occurs within established deadlines.
- Review all tickets in the Check Services Queue.
- Assign tickets as appropriate.
- Process and complete tickets in a timely manner.
- Work closely with project managers and program analysts on implementations and set-up of new clients for Check Services products.
- Provide customer and staff training as necessary.
- Conduct customer site visits as required.
- Operate check scanner and other common office equipment.
- Assist with daily spreadsheet functions.
- Keep work area clean, secure and well maintained.
- Complete assigned documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete projects as assigned.
- Attend and participate in meetings, conference calls, and seminars as required.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 year experience using Microsoft Office products (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, VISIO).
- 1 year experience using financial core system software.
- 1 year experience in a client support role / product support role.
- 1 year experience with check processing and account balancing functions.
- Technical aptitude operating, configuring or supporting software applications.
- Knowledge of financial institution operations.
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement under stressful situations.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective oral & written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Occasional in-state or out-of-state travel may be required for training and educational purposes.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.