Human Resources Generalist – Farmington Hills, MI
Responsible for performing a variety of human resource support duties. Aids in the hiring and recruitment process. Assists in maintaining the human resource database and employee records and files. Handles payroll processing and tracks and reports payroll information. Completes assigned reporting functions involving attendance statistics, termination, hire and transfer data, and other information assigned. Responsible for implementing and tracking employee performance appraisals. Helps administer changes to various benefits. Provides recommendations regarding the development and administration of human resource policies and programs. Assists in informing new employees of human resource policies and programs as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for benefit administration and assisting in benefit open enrollment.
- Assists in the completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Responsible for preparing and distributing employee salary sheets.
- Assists in the planning of company events.
- Assists in organizing community outreach events.
- Ensures that HR systems are updated as needed and that all information is current.
- Stays informed of significant changes in the HR industry.
- Assists in preparation and delivery of corrective actions and performance improvement plans.
- Assists in updating and maintaining of job descriptions.
- Answers employee questions on various HR items including but not limited to; company policies, health benefits, 401(k), performance appraisals, PTO and payroll.
- Ensures personnel records are accurately recorded and cross-checked. Updates employee files as needed.
- Performs phone screens of applicants for employment positions.
- Receives and tracks employment applications and resumes.
- Assists with the recruiting and on-boarding of new hires by sending new hire information packet, completing background screenings, and entering information.
- Ensures human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for processing company payroll.
- Maintains payroll records in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Tracks and resolves payroll errors. Completes payroll adjustments and corrections as necessary.
- Ensures payroll functions are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists with employee and vendor questions and problems courteously and promptly.
- Obtains and conveys information as needed.
- Maintains and projects the Company’s professional reputation.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the scheduling of training events with outside vendors.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes miscellaneous research, reports, and memos as requested.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience required.
- Experience with performance management system, preferably Saba Halogen.
- Experience with payroll administration preferred.
- Experience with delivering corrective actions and performance improvement plans.
- Basic understanding of human resource functions.
- Knowledge of all related computer applications.
- Understanding of human resource reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Ability to be an effective team player.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Excellent communications and public relations abilities.
- Strong typing and computer application skills.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Able to operate telephone, PC, copier, and other basic business machines..
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.