Financial Analyst – Farmington Hills, MI
Posted on August 8, 2019
Responsible for overseeing financial analysis functions including creating and maintaining annual and quarterly budgets, budgeted variance reports, and three and five year forecasts. Prepares periodic cost accounting, profitability, ROI, buy vs. lease, and product segment profitability reports. Works with all company departments to assist with cost analysis, pricing analytics, and decision-making. Conducts ad-hoc analysis, presentations, and reports to assist with Management and Board decision-making.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with department leaders to analyze budgeting needs and requirements.
- Prepares annual budget using historical and projected trends as well as departmental needs.
- Conducts quarterly rolling budget updates and provides departmental P&L reporting to management.
- Analyzes monthly performance against budget for variances, trends, and anomalies.
- Conducts annual updates to long term forecast and valuation model.
- Analyzes P&L reports for payables and invoicing accuracy and allocation methodology.
- Manages internal budget and PO system for accuracy and real time reporting.
- Conducts ad-hoc financial analytics projects based on general requirement guidelines from management utilizing internal and external data and information.
- Works with MDT department leaders and staff to develop analytics for products and capital investments including pricing, capital budgeting, long term capital planning, and contract negotiations.
- Works with client relations and sales to complete service offering side by side analysis, contract renewals, pricing, and value proposition analysis.
- Conducts expense and department cost analytics to identify trends and efficiency opportunities.
- Builds quarterly and annual metrics on clients and vendors to evaluate risk, profitability, and satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Conducts analytics and forecasts related to potential acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures, or divestitures.
- Reviews state sales tax requirements and analyzes for MDT’s reporting obligations and potential impact.
- Keeps management informed of the status of ongoing projects. Ensures that established deadlines are met and requests extensions as appropriate.
- Provides document copies, files, statistical reports, etc. as requested.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Responds to questions and problems politely and promptly.
- Ensures that outside contacts are properly informed.
- Ensures that the company’s professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Stays informed of developments in accounting and finance fields including new technology, resources, and tools available.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Assists with AR and AP processes as needed to satisfy MDT separation of duties.
- Promotes goodwill and conveys a positive image of the company.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports.
- Understanding of basic finance concepts and analytical methodologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal and team oriented skills.
- Cooperative and willing to learn.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Occasional travel overnight for training and conferences may be required.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.