Check Services Operator II – Helena, MT
Posted on November 15, 2019
The Check Services Operator II is responsible for performing a variety of functions to ensure proper processing of
Check Services products. The Check Services Operator II sets up the processes for In-Clearings, Returns and Transit
Work and performs reject repair and balancing. Each operator may be assigned various tasks depending on
business needs. The Check Services Operator II provides quality customer service and communicates effectively
with area staff and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare In-Clearings and Returns for processing.
- Read checks and enter data such as amount, bank or account number.
- Perform research and lookups, online and through the processing system.
- Perform processing duties related to remote deposit capture process, ATM capture process and
merchant capture process.
- Balance daily work, cash letters, and/or incoming and outgoing files.
- Create and transmit check image files.
- Perform daily transmissions to clients, Federal Reserve Bank and/or Trading Partners.
- Track and resolve problems effectively and with a sense of urgency.
- Act as a resource and support to clients throughout the business relationship.
- Research check adjustment issues for customers.
- File adjustments with the FRB and other presentment partners.
- Follow through to ensure proper credits/debit are applied.
- Review and assign tickets as needed.
- Work with internal departments on implementation and setup of new clients for Check Services
- Conduct sales demos on products and services.
- Provide customer and staff training and conduct customer site visits as necessary.
- Promote goodwill and positive image of the Company.
- Embraces other tasks and duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be familiar with check processing and adjustment rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of office procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of credit union operations; understanding of teller functions and Share Draft Processing.
- Knowledge of desktop functions and all related computer hardware and software. Advanced skill with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to manage a variety of variables under limited standardization.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to assist others and work as part of a team.
- Experienced and proficient in oral & written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.