Application Analyst I – Farmington Hills, MI
This position is responsible for: supporting, maintaining, and analyzing the Symitar core system application; MDT back office services and ancillary applications in accordance with established procedures; adhering to guidelines and meeting deadlines; checking functionality and ensures that programming code passes the established guidelines before implementing it into production; supports team members and other departments on all operational and application tasks..
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating Symitar core system application upgrades, including all service packs and semi-annual major releases both internally and for clients.
- Maintain an understanding of software applications or services (Symitar, Mobile Banking, ARCU, NetTeller, Back Office, etc.) that MDT provides to clients.
- Responsible for Peer Review and Move to Live SDLC steps for Symitar programming requests.
- Assists with the Symitar core system setup for new back office services for clients and/or vendors.
- Performs Symconnect configuration setup and troubleshooting as required.
- Responsible for all Symitar core system operational requests such as: SYM refreshes, Backups, RESTARTS, Purging, Symitar Batch Files, Consoles, Print Queues, GOODNIGHT processing and etc.
- Installs and supports Job Scheduler Web (JSW) with the RSJ Agent.
- Assists AIX team with Symitar daily maintenance to ensure system is running efficiently.
- Provides primary and backup on-call tasks.
- Participates in beta testing with third party vendors.
- Assists Software Services, Implementations, and the Conversion Teams with operational requests.
- Works with Application Analyst II and the Manager of Compliance to effectively maintain the Security Groups within the Symitar system.
- Works directly with clients to implement purging processes into their production. This includes assisting credit unions with completion of the survey, creation of jobs, job modifications, and testing.
- Researches ARCU reported issues and assists with resubmitting files.
- Responsible for working with other departments to ensure work is flowing effectively and timely throughout the organization.
- Keeps the management team informed of progress towards established objectives, and of any significant challenges.
- Completed required reports and records.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of college training in business or an equivalent amount of experience in operations and practices.
- Knowledge of financial industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Symitar core system.
- Knowledge of software applications.
- Understanding of related programming languages and procedures.
- 1 or more years of experience in financial institution core processing.
- 1 or more years of experience with the Symitar core system.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once.
- One year of related programming experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Effective time management, organizational, and project management skills.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.