Application Support Representative – Remote – Great Falls, MT
Posted August 11, 2023
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000 (Based on Professional Experience)
This position is responsible for answering and resolving after-hours support calls, and supporting team members and other departments on all operational and application tasks. Responsible for assisting with the support, maintenance, and analysis of the Symitar core system application, MDT File Transfer Automation services, and ancillary applications in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and deadlines. Checks functionality and ensures that programming code passes the established guidelines before implementing it into production.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for answering and resolving after-hours support calls and/or routing them to the appropriate team for resolution as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring Goodnight and Back-Ups complete, in addition to the System Date update for all clients. Including AutoBatch, JSW and RSJ jobs.
- Responsible for correcting Symitar errors such as: Fatal Errors, offline / online failed / BATCHHOSTCONTROL, Restart Logging Failed, Report Directory Full, Disk Error or Full, and etc.
- Responsible for Peer Review and Move to Live SDLC steps for Symitar programming requests.
- Monitors and troubleshoots any failed File Transfer Automation (FTA) files sent or received to ensure they are transmitted for our clients as scheduled.
- Responsible for all Symitar core system operational requests such as: SYM refreshes/deletions, restarts, print queues, and etc.
- Records, tracks, and documents nightly issues and any action taken or outstanding items to ensure support turnover is successful for final resolution.
- Tests fixes and performs post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved. Communicates resolutions to appropriate stakeholders, including management and co-workers.
- Assists in Symitar core system application upgrades, including all service packs and semi-annual major releases both internally and with clients.
- Assists AIX team with Symitar daily maintenance to ensure system is running efficiently.
- Assists Software Services, Implementations and the Conversion Teams with operational requests
- Researches ARCU, Synergy and Verafin reported issues, and assists with resubmitting files.
- Provides deconversion support as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of college training in Business, Computer Science, or a related field, or an equivalent amount of experience in operations and practices.
- 1 or more years of experience in financial institution core processing.
- 1 or more years of experience with the Symitar core system.
- One year of related programming experience.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once.
• Knowledge of financial industry.
• Extensive knowledge of the Symitar core system.
• Knowledge of software applications.
• Understanding of related programming languages and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Effective time management, organizational, and project management skills.
- Work performed remotely from home.
- Wednesday through Sunday 6:00 pm – 3:00 am MST work schedule.
- Additional hours, including Saturday/Sunday support, as required.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Occasional travel overnight for training and conferences.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
- On-call responsibilities, available 24/7 via phone or pager.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, height or weight, marital or protected veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all of our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.