Application Support Representative – Great Falls, MT or Helena, MT or Farmington Hills, MI
Monday – Friday 10:30 pm – 7:30 am ET
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for answering and resolving after-hours support calls and/or routing them to the
appropriate team for resolution as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring Goodnight and Back-Ups complete, in addition to the System
Date update for all clients. Including Auto Batch, JSW and RSJ jobs.
- Responsible for correcting Symitar errors such as: Fatal Errors, RDCPOST – Duplicate Trigger Entry,
offline / online failed / BATCHHOSTCONTROL, Restart Logging Failed, Report Directory Full, Disk Error
or Full, NTMC Alerts and etc.
- Responsible for Peer Review and Move to Live SDLC steps for Symitar programming requests.
- Monitors and troubleshoots any failed File Transfer Automation (FTA) files sent or received to ensure
they are transmitted for our clients as scheduled.
- Responsible for all Symitar core system operational requests such as: SYM refreshes/deletions,
restarts, print queues, etc.
- Record, track, and document nightly issues, and any action taken or outstanding items to ensure
support turnover is successful for final resolution.
- Test fixes and performs post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately
resolved. Communicate resolutions to appropriate stakeholders, including management and coworkers.
- Assist in Symitar core system application upgrades, including all service packs and semi-annual major
releases both internally and with clients.
- Assists AIX team with Symitar daily maintenance to ensure system is running efficiently.
- Assists with VPN Password Resets.
- Assists with circuit issues and routing to appropriate team to resolve.
- Assists Software Services, Implementations and the Conversion Teams with operational requests.
- Researches ARCU, Synergy and Verafin reported issues, and assists with resubmitting files.
- Responsible for internal banner display changes for TV monitors for MDT offices.
- Provides Deconversion support as needed.
- Responsible for working with other departments to ensure work is flowing effectively and timely
throughout the organization.
- Keeps management team informed of progress towards established objectives and of any significant
- Completes required reports and records.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Embraces all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of college training in business or an equivalent amount of experience in operations and
- Knowledge of financial industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Symitar core system.
- Knowledge of software applications.
- Understanding of related programming languages and procedures.
- 1 or more years of experience in financial institution core processing.
- 1 or more years of experience with the Symitar core system.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once.
- One year of related programming experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Effective time management, organizational, and project management skills.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Work performed remotely from home.
- Evening / overnight work schedule.
- Additional hours including Saturday/Sunday support, as required.
- Occasional travel overnight for training and conferences.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
- Available 24/7 schedule on call, via phone.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.