AIX Systems Engineer I – Great Falls, MT
Posted on July 12, 2019
This position is responsible for working with the technical team to continually improve availability, response time, and overall performance of systems supported by the 7/24 data centers. The AIX Systems Engineer supports AIX & Linux operating systems technology and the various tasks and services related to server infrastructure support. The AIX Systems Engineer maintains professional business relations with clients and outside contacts and keeps management well informed of area activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for administration of core banking Symitar system.
- Provide service level maintenance and quality assurance.
- Responsible for understanding process administration, file maintenance, advanced troubleshooting, and fundamental understanding of TCP/IP networks.
- Coordinate, plan and process all daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual production activities within data center operation.
- Responsible for installing and configuring systems where required.
- Troubleshoot application level issues.
- Provide technical phone support for server users and developers.
- Provide server back-up and recovery support for server infrastructure issues.
- Investigate alternative design approaches to determine best solutions to a problem, taking into account customer needs, subsequent modifications, and resources.
- Provide suggestions in the development of IT strategies and policies.
- Ensure that new systems support customer needs.
- Develop and maintain required systems documentation and processes.
- Manage all issues of assigned responsibility within the help desk tracking system.
- Assist personnel to increase understanding of system operations and technology integration.
- Track and resolve customer problems promptly and effectively.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with customers, suppliers, and outside contacts.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in AIX/LINUX Administration and Shell Scripting.
- Minimum of one year experience in website modification and maintenance.
- Knowledge of network operations and all related computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of database reporting, user access control, security models, and backup processes.
- Knowledge of AIX Operating Systems and overall infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Redhat/UNIX and experience with TCP/IP functionality and concepts.
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks/Network Attached Storage.
- Ability to operate network server, computer tape drive, and other business equipment.
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to coordinate well with other departments and personnel.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
- Additional hours including Saturday/Sunday support, as required.
- Occasional travel overnight for training and conferences.
- Long duration of computer workstation usage.
- Available 24/7 schedule on call, via phone or pager.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.