The role of the Project Manager at MDT is to plan, execute, and finalize project deliverables according to strict deadlines. The Project Manager will work with the client to define the project objectives and deliverables and ensure that those are carried out to meet and exceed stakeholder expectations. This includes, but not limited to, defining tasks required to complete the project, building project plan, coordinating efforts of MDT, Symitar and credit union team members to deliver project on time. When applicable, Project Manager will coordinate third party vendors to work with MDT and credit union clients. Responsible for overseeing quality control throughout entire project lifecycle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of projects.
- Responsible for planning the project in order to accomplish the established goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
- Continuously monitor progress of project in terms of the status of the plan and keep all stakeholders informed of the progress.
- Identify, log, analyze and manage potential and actual issues and risks. Take corrective action on issues by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact the scope, schedule, quality and cost of the project.
- Continually evaluates established policies and procedures and updates or modifies them as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for understanding technical aspects of projects.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Understands internal MDT network, connectivity requirements for 3rd party vendors and credit union clients.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of project capabilities.
- Effectively manages project team, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership to project team through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Directs, schedules, and coordinates project tasks.
- Ensures that staffing levels for projects are appropriate and additional resources are requested as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations are established and maintained with clients and vendors.
- Ensures that questions and concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensures that Company policies and procedures are effectively conveyed.
- Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation and appropriate levels of confidentiality are maintained.
- Represents the Company with various trade professionals and groups.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel, management and clients.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Keeps management informed of progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Completes required reports and records.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed of trends and changes in the project management field.
- Completes special projects and research studies as required.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- In-state and out-of-state travel required.
Minimum Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Understanding of client operations and information needs.
- Advanced analytical/technical knowledge pertaining to decision analysis.
- Understanding of teller functions, membership, lending, GL, ACH/Share Draft processing.
- Five years of experience in financial institution back office core processing.
- Five years experience using project management methodology.
- Experience managing multiple IT projects.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to develop good relationships with internal and external customers.
- Self motivated and ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to translate business situations into project deliverables (diagrams and definition, etc.).
- Technical and advanced analytical skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate deliverables with clients.
To apply for a posted position, please click here.
The compensation is based on experience and offers a base salary plus bonus opportunities. We offer BCBS benefits, dental, disability and life insurance at 90 days and 401K after one year.
Member Driven Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We hire individuals on the basis of ability, experience, education, intelligence, and character. Member Driven Technologies does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, height, weight, handicap, citizenship status, or otherwise to the full extent of all applicable laws. Our equal employment opportunity policy applies to all our employment practices, including hiring, training, advancement, discipline, and compensation.